Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Shokudo (June 2008)
-located at basement 1 of Raffles City

Hmm I've been here twice, and I've ate one item during both my visits over here. Shortly you'll find out what is it. Basically this is a Japanese style Marche which gets pretty crowded especially during dinner hours on Fridays and Saturdays.
For a quick snack, it's advisable for you to come at about 4pm because at that time, the chef are able to prepare the food with much more patience and definitely, with less hurry=)

It's pretty weird that they charge service charge even though you get your own food. I've heard that their service wasn't very good, however during both my visits, the service staffs were pretty friendly and efficient.


Now presenting to you, the BEST omelette I've ever eaten in my life!=)
Mushroom and cheese omelette! Seriously, eat it when it's hot and the savoury cheese just melts in your mouth, encapulates your soul and brings you to heaven! *okie, I know that's very kua zhang* Deserves a 4.8/5!! Why not 5? Because I want my own omelette that I make in the future to score the full marks mahhh..


Japanese style seafood VERY thin crust pizza! It taste more like seafood on a biscuit instead though. Not a fan of thin crust pizza but this deserves a 4/5 because the taste blended very well with each other. Best of all, you won't get sick of the cheesy taste.


Red bean paste served with mochi and sweet potato ice-cream. I love the ice cream because it's not very commonly found in Singapore except in Japanese ice cream shops. The red bean paste wasn't very sweet as well. However the mochi was a little too bland. (3.5/5)


Well I've always been a fan of waffles and so... almost where ever I go, most probably I'll order their waffles. This time round, the waffle (topped with white coffee icecream) here is very soft and "nua" (can be clearly seen from the picture). However, thankfully the taste manage to rescue it's failing texture. (3/5)


Cost- $10 plus per person if you're ordering desserts + omelette (thanks to the service charge).
Serving- Barely enough to fill a guy's stomach. People like me will feel that the serving is adequate.

No comments: