This is the place to go if you're stranded in the central part of Singapore, hungry but yet not wanting to go home. It's opened 24 hours, famous for their Nasi Bryani and my favourite- Mutabuk!
Address- 697 North Bridge Roat (exit from Bugis MRT and walk towards Raffles Hospital)
Alright, to cut things short, basically I've no idea why this picture can't be rotated even though I rotated it twice. Sorry for the tilted heads that I've caused.
My first trip there was with my OBS- Marshall group!=) They're hell lot of food lovers too! Not to mention, all these spread for about $21!=)
The mutabuk (both chicken and mutton) was really good. Especially the chicken mutabuk because chicken mutabuk is usually tougher than it's mutton couterpart. Both certainly deserves a heartwarming 4/5!
Mee goreng was just typical, it was too oily for my liking, but yet, once you start biting on those noodles, my hands just couldn't stop to take a second serving.. and so on, so on.. until my lips were coated in oil before I realised that I should stop.
Initially they weren't willing to sell plain pratas, however I wondered what made them gave in. No cheese pratas over here though, just plain old egg pratas=) The prata is pretty good, but definitely that's not what it's famous for, so it's best that you keep your orders for mutabuk instead=)
There were 2 types of curries given. One spicy, one not spicy. I believe you can tell them apart easily=)
This was my second trip=) $5 for this huge chicken mutabuk that can be easily shared between me and Bingyu=) The skin is so crispy when it's hot! Seriously irristable=) One drawback over here will be that they were a little over generous with onions, so for those who can't really take onions, perhaps it's a good idea to tell them to reduce the amount of it=)
And yes, my rating for the second trip remains at 4/5!
Here's the guy behind frying the pratas and mutabuk
And his friend, making the dough=) They are really generous with the portions as long as you look friendly and polite enough=)
The size explains it all isn't it?=)
One regret is that I've yet to try their Nasi Bryani because this place is number ONE in Singapore for that dish (according to the recent ST food polls)!
I swear that I won't forget to order that the next time I'm going over=)
Cost per person -$5 to $7 (food + drinks)
Portion- Really generous.
No comments:
Post a Comment