Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Golden mushroom

Well this post isn't exactly on good food because I haven't been really taking pictures of some good food that I've tasted for the past few days. Here's just a short summary, no pictures though.

-Chinatown food complex -> There's this shop there that sells 10 xiao long baos for a really low price of $5! It's cheap but yet the quality is pretty not bad even though the baos are pretty small. Do go early because they close their shop at about 9pm. Another shop to recommend is the popiah stall which is located at a corner (I don't take note of the stall's number though, really sorry about that=x), and it sells popiah($1.20) and kuey pai tee (5 for $3)! It's really good! Especially the kuey pai tee! Plus you can even buy the set home if you intend to have a mini party at home=)

-Astons -> *read up on the updated version of Astons*

***

Anyway, the purpose of this post is really random.
As the title suggests, golden mushroom has been gaining popularity in recent years after studies have shown that it contains an exceptionally high amount of anti oxident and cancer fighting agents. Plus it tastes really good too!
You know what? I had this wild idea of replacing noodles with golden mushroom because of it's elogated nature.

There are people who are already selling fried golden mushroom (something that can replace french fries- even though I'm pretty positive that most of the good-ol-properties of the wonder mushroom is fried away as well.

Let me share my whacky idea of mine. Crazy? Yes, but I seriously feel like trying for the heck of it if I'm free.

You guys all know how to make a good spagetti sauce using the available canned "Prego" traditional mushroom sauce?
Here are some basic ingredients,
-chopped garlic for flavourings
-minced meat
-chopped carrots
-chopped button mushrooms
-prego pasta sauce.

Stir fry all of those, starting from the top of the list down and you already whip up some decent sauce.

Next, you know all those golden mushroom are actually in bundled up forms right? I was thinking of tying one bundle using another or 2 golden mushrooms separately before sending them to be cooked in warm water for a couple of minutes.

Lastly, just pour the prepared sauce over the plate of golden mushroom (which replaces pasta) to have a healthy and hearty dinner.

As many would have known, the taste and smell of golden mushroom is pretty distinctive, hence, the sauce can be used to cover up the taste a little bit so that you won't be overwhelmed by the smell.

Crazy idea isn't it?

No comments: