Well, in order to lose weight, one should have a heavy breakfast (especially high in protein) because for the rest of the day, one will be able to resist the temptation of slacking and there'll be chances of increased metabolism. However, you shouldn't head over to KFC for breakfast if you're thinking of losing weight because all of what the menu offers doesn't seem friendly for our little tummy of fats.
It's hard to find food that satisfy our pockets, our health and our tastebuds isn't it? What a bummer!
Well, KFC has 4 mains to offer for breakfast which can be found on the above link. Up till date, I've only tried their waffles set and the American Twister (which I didn't take a picture of it). Each set comes along with coffee/tea (sadly, it's NON refillable) and honey biscuit.
Shall start off with the delightable honey biscuit! Personally I'm someone who doesn't like hashbrown- even the ones over at Macs and hence I was pretty excited upon knowing that KFC isn't offering hashbrown as the side dish! ^^
What to say, this little biscuit here is really coated with honey on the surface and it's really crispy on the surface too! The inside of the biscuit is slightly softer but at least it doesn't taste like dough. Hint- Referring to the one over at Popeyes. I would prefer this little thing over to the one at Popeyes anytime!
Don't worry, you can have this side order alone for the price of $1.20 or so (can't remember), if you don't want to try any of their mains.
What would I say....... it deserves a 4.25/5!
Next is the waffles!
Waffles is really my soft spot and again, I was really excited when I saw waffles on the menu! Each set comes with 2 waffles with scrambled eggs on the side.
The waffles were really crispy on the outside but yet very light and fluffy on the inside. Hence it's not those types which resembles those belgium waffles which is really thick and doughy inside. The waffles tasted much better with the maple syrup that comes along with it because the waffles still lack a little on the taste factor even though it's already average.
Taste factor? I would give a 3/5
Scrambled eggs were awesome! Personally, up till this old age of mine, I've yet to try Big Breakfast from Macs (which is famous for it's really juicy and soft scrambled eggs) but I really love these eggs that accompanies the waffles! They were light, tasty and had a really soft and smooth texture to it!
Say yummy to a rating of 4/5 eggs!
KFC has really good presentation for their tea cups as well! Very pretty!
As mentioned earlier that I've forgotten to take picture of the American Twister that I've tried, Here's a picture of it from the KFC website (found above).
This is the cheapest meal of the 4 and I feel that out of the 4, this is the BEST and most value for money set (even though I've yet to try the other 2).
Wrapped in this tortilla is turkey bacon, hashbrown, scrambled eggs and most importantly... MELTED CHEESE!
It's a pity that I don't really like hashbrown but the entire thing tasted really really heavenly! Though it can be made even better with EVEN more cheese! The entire wrap is about 20cm plus so it made me really really full.
It certainly deserves a 4.25/5!

Picture from KFC website.
It's a pity that the nearest KFC near my house (Anchorpoint) doesn't serves breakfast because it doesn't open that early. KFC should also sell its waffles for lunch as well, but replacing the eggs with ice cream or something as a dessert.
Why do fastfood breakfast taste better than lunch?
No comments:
Post a Comment